Thursday, December 16, 2010

Black Friday Manners

Author: Isiah Williams

Getting excited about Black Friday shopping is the normal reaction to any event like this. It's Christmas, wants are running high, and parents charge the stores with all the willpower of parents shopping on Black Friday. It's to be expected. That doesn't mean that anyone has to suffer from a Black Friday slugout by the end of the day. People can be civil, friendly, and even humored by the huge crowds that flood into stores on that special day of the year.

I always keep a few rules handy as I go through the store. If anyone else touches the box, bag, or product before I do, I back off. I never try to make a grab for any product. That's my idea of having good shopping manners and I wish more people would adopt this attitude. There would be a lot more goodwill and a lot less fighting on Black Friday if this rule were honored.

I don't try to rush through the store and knock over people along the way. The isles are crowded and it's important for me to stay safe and harm no one with my shopping cart. I always make sure everyone is okay as I go through the isles and I always smile at everyone. When I get home, I'm proud of myself and relax with directstartv for the rest of the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment